CyberEthics GIII: Island-wide combined Safer Internet Awareness Node, Hotline, Helpline
From Future Worlds Center Wiki
Revision as of 11:33, 14 October 2011 by Georginashitta (Created page with "==Specific Objectives== *Act as node of awareness network in Cyprus. *Devise a cohesive, hard-hitting and targeted awareness campaign using the most appropriate media, taking in...")
- Act as node of awareness network in Cyprus.
- Devise a cohesive, hard-hitting and targeted awareness campaign using the most appropriate media, taking into account best practice and experience in other countries.
- Establish and maintain a partnership (formal or informal) with key players (government agencies, press and media groups, ISP associations, users organisations, education stakeholders) and actions in their country relating to safer use of Internet and new media.
- Promote dialogue and exchange of information notably between stakeholders from the education and technological fields.
- Where appropriate, cooperate with work in areas related to the Safer Internet plus programme such as in the wider field of media and information literacy or consumer protection.
- Inform users about European filtering software and services and about hotlines and self-regulation schemes.
- Actively cooperate with other national nodes in the European network by exchanging information about best practices, participating in meetings and designing and implementing a European approach, adapted as necessary for national linguistic and cultural preferences.
- Provide a pool of expertise and technical assistance to start-up awareness nodes (new nodes could be ‘adopted’ by a more experienced node).
- Take an active part in European-level events and in the organisation of national, regional and local events for the Safer Internet Day.
- Cooperate with the hotline present in the country, if any, and Europe Direct.