Yiannis Laouris was the founder of Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute, Future Worlds Center, CYBER KIDS, Ekkotek, Technology for Peace, Cyprus Society for Systemic Studies and a number of other organizations and initiatives. He currently serves as Chair of the Board of Future Worlds Center and head of the New Media Lab and the Neuroscience Lab. His Full CV is available.
Role in Tech4Peace project
A business entrepreneur
The Multimedia Factory
The Multimedia Factory was founded by Laouris, George Vakanas, the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute and [MISnTED Ltd.]] in 1993 as one of the first multimedia software and educational software producing company.
Ekkotek-High-tech business incubator was founded by Laouris and MISnTED Ltd. in 1999 as the first high technology business incubator in Cyprus.
Yiannis authored Masks of Demons, a book that exposes stereotypes between so-called "'lifelong"' enemies.
Yiannis received numerous honors and awards throughout the years, the most notable being:
- Summa cum laude for his PhD (1985)
- Provost's Teaching Award and [[Medical Innovation Award] for innovation in university teaching (1991/92)
- First Award for Innovation and Creativity by the Employers and Industrialists Federation for CYBER KIDS curriculum (1998)
- The Hellenic Society for Systemic Studies Award for contributions in systems science (2008)
- Honorable Mention of the Anna Lindh Award to Future Worlds Center for promoting intercultural dialogue freedom and citizenship (2011)
A complete list of awards is available here.
Key neuroscience publications
Yiannis has over 25 peered reviewed papers in neuroscience and over 65 conference presentations.
The full list is available here.