3rd International Multilingualism and Dyslexia Conference
The 3rd International Multilingualism and Dyslexia Conference: Multilingual and Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Dyslexia was a notable event organized in Cyprus by the International Dyslexia Association and the European Dyslexia Association with the local support of Cyprus Dyslexia Association. This conference was the 3rd international of its kind; the first took place in Cambridge, UK and the 2nd in Washington DC, USA. The Boards of the International Dyslexia Association and the European Dyslexia Association took their decision to co-organize the 3rd in Cyprus following the presentation of MAPS in Atlanta and Washington DC by Yiannis Laouris and Pantelis Makris in IDA's 53rd Annual Conference the 2nd Multilingual & Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Dyslexia in Washington DC respectively as well as IDA's 54th Annual Conference in San Diego, California, USA in 2003.
Yiannis Laouris served as Vice President of Local Organizing Committee.
The Members of the Local Organizing Committee were:
- Dr. Costas Apostolides, CDA President, Committee Chairman
- Dr. Yiannis Laouris, CNTI President, Committee. Deputy Chairman
- Ersin Oztoycan, NCDA President
- Maria Potamitis, EDA & CDA Board Member
- Pantelis Makris, Ministry of Education & Head of Dyslexia Group, CNTI
- Andreas Theodorou, Ministry of Education
- Mira Ioannou, Ministry of Education
- Olga Messios, CDA Board Member
- Eleni Rossidou, CDA Board Member