4th International SDDP Facilitators Training School (Thessaloniki)
The 4th International Facilitators Training School for the Structured Dialogic Design (SDD) Process will take place in Thessaloniki, Greece between the 3rd and 4th of July 2012. It will be organized by Future Worlds Center in collaboration with the Institute for 21st Century Agoras.
Focus of the school; What do we offer
The training will consist of two days. During the first day participants will conduct a model structured dialogue session aiming to re-define an ideal future of a virtual organization. On the second day, participants will be engaged in exploring the characteristics of an ideal participatory system that enables thousands of people to engage in a meaningful dialogue and which capitalizes on cyberspace connectivity.
Who should attend?
- Academics interested in research aiming to define future-oriented participatory models
- Social scientists
- Consultants and Practitioners wishing to include the SDD Methodology in their practice
- Graduate and CSAP students interested to pursue
- Undergraduate students interested in the concepts of participatory democracy and relevant cutting-edge methodologies
The following experts will be in charge of the training:
- Prof. Aleco Christakis, Founder of Global Agoras and Father of the science of Dialogic Design
- Dr. Yiannis Laouris, President of FutureWorlds Center and member of 21st Century Agoras Board
- Prof. Tom Flanagan, President of Institute for 21st Century Agoras, co-author of Talking Point
- Prof. Nikitas Assimakopoulos, President of Hellenic Society for Systemic Studies
The 4th International Facilitators Training School is being organized by Mr. Frosso Deligianni, under the guidance of Aleco Christakis and Yiannis Laouris. The School will take place at the premises of the Mediterranean Palace Hotel in Thessaloniki, Greece, where also the 8th HSSS conference will take place.
For those attending the 8th HSSS conference the Participation Fee is €150.00.
The fee includes:
- Registration fees and certificate
- All coffee and snacks (lunches and/or dinners not included)
- All reading materials on CD
- Access to the Members’ pages of the SDD International School Website (for full access to all materials)
- Limited version of Cogniscope software
- Gala Dinner