Kaleidoscope was a training course funded under the Erasmus+ KA1 Mobility of Youth Workers funding stream that took place in Ireland between the 17th and 24th of May 2019. The programme was designed to give youth workers (professional and volunteer) the confidence and competence to explore the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and citizenship with the young people they work with. The training course draws inspiration from the One World Citizens (OWC) training course which was created and developed by some trainers and staff from this project.
Objectives of the course
- Examine the relationship between European citizenship and global citizenship
- Build skills, knowledge and attitudes related to addressing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly Goal 4 – Quality Education
- Explore a variety of methodologies related to tackling the SDGs
- Allow a space for participants to design their own SDGs activities
Future Worlds Center's Role
Future World Center selected the Cypriot participants.
The participants of this programme were youth workers and young people aspiring to be youth workers who work in youth work organisations which focus on a variety of issues such as: active citizenship, the SDGs, and Global Education. Participants worked in a diversity of settings rural/urban, residential/non residential and with marginalised groups. This diverse range of experience and backgrounds created a supportive and dynamic learning environment
Coordinator Helene Josephides
-  Development Perspectives' Website