For a detailed curriculum vitae of Maria click: Full CV.
Maria was member of the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute (CNTI) until February 2017. She was an active member of New Media Lab. She was one of the Safer Internet Helpline Counsellor of the project under the name CyberSafety. Maria was also assisting in the writing of her department's grant applications and other projects implementation.
Mrs Benta was born in Didymoteixo, Evros, Greece in 1993. She graduated the General High School in Orestiada. Maria has a BSc in Social Administration and Political Science in Democritus University of Thrace and she is currently a Master’s student in Social Work and Social Administration, in the major of Clinical Social Work with Families, Children and Adolescents in Frederick University. She is a registered member of the Cyprus Association of Social Workers since December 2016. She is supporting the Cyprus Safer Internet Center as a Safer Internet Helpline Counsellor and as a Trainer.
Activities at Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute
Maria operated the Safer Internet Helpline under the project CyberSafety.
Maria was working on CyberSafety (link title)
Maria was implicating in the department's writing of grant applications and other projects implementation.
- Online meeting with Google (InSafe)
- Training on Cyta's Filtering Softwares - Nicosia, Cyprus (Cyprus Telecommunication Authority)
- Training-Meeting on matters of Electronic Communication and Postal Services - Nicosia, Cyprus (OCECPR)
- Seminar "Working Along with key Experts"- Nicosia, Cyprus (Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in the Family)
- Training on online Safety for Helpline Counsellors- Nicosia, Cyprus (CyberEthics)
- Seminar "The use of the Thematic Apperception Test in Children and the connection with the cognitive representation"- Nicosia, Cyprus (Frederick University)
- Seminar "Modern Tendencies, Needs and Supporting Services for Elderly People", Nicosia, Cyprus (Frederick University)
- YouthExchange Project "Water: Liquid of Life" (Erasmus+)- Paralimni, Cyprus (OTI One Terrene International)
- EVS Project "Poke the Globe" (Erasmus+)- Rautavaara, Finland (Metsakartano, Youth Centre)
- Project "The Mask" - Komotini, Greece (Europeans for Peace)
- Training Program "Athletic Paths" - Dodekanisa, Greece (Regeneration in Progress)
- Conference "Accessible Tourism for all, boost and challenges" - Komotini, Greece (Greek and German Assemply)
- Workshop "Social Inclusion and Pedagogical Innovations: The program for the education of children of the Muslim minority"- Komotini, Greece (Education and Lifelong Learning)
- Educational Seminar "People with disabilities in camp environment"- Thasos, Greece (Association for People with Kinetic Disabilities and Friends "Perpato")
- Educational Seminar "The addiction as a condition for the creation of one’s personality" - Komotini, Greece (Prevention Centre of Addiction and Promotion of the Psychosocial Health "Orpheus")
- Workshop "Bullying, in-school violence, victimisation" - Komotini, Greece (Support Centre for Child and Family)
- Student Exchange Program (mini Erasmus)- Basel, Switzerland (University of Applied Sciences and Arts FHNW)
- Seminar "Mental Health for all...with the participation of all, the promotion of mental health through collaboration and networking at local level"- Alexandroupolis, Greece (Company of Social Psychiatry and Mental Health)
- Seminar "Contemporary approaches to mental health promotion: Empowerment of people receiving mental health services."- Alexandroupolis, Greece (Company of Social Psychiatry and Mental Health)
- Seminar "Growing and caring children today. Family-School-Community" - Alexandroupolis, Greece ( Children's Village SOS Thrace)
- Educational seminar "Psychopathology dependencies "- Komotini, Greece (Prevention Centre of Addiction and Promotion of the Psychosocial Health "Orpheus")
- Conference "Living independent .. !!!" Opening of "Education Centre of Indepentent Living children with special needs."- Komotini, Greece (Association for People with Kinetic Disabilities and Friends "Perpato")
- Workshop "Learn because you can help"- Komotini, Greece (Association for People with Kinetic Disabilities and Friends "Perpato")