Mr. Marios Polychronis joined the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute between October and December of 2013 as an intern. During these two months he was working as a Software Developer for mobile applications. Specifically he has developed the Cypriot game application available now in the Apple Store and the MYCYradio application for android devices available now in the Play Store. Now he is an external collaborator of the IT Team of the organization. Marios is a member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Communications Society and a member of Scientific and Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK). He has an advanced knowledge in Software Development, Website Development, Mobile Applications Development, Database Development and Graphics & Image Analysis Development.
Marios holds a BEng in Information and Communication Systems Engineering from the Aegean University (2011) and a MSc in Advanced Information Technologies from the University of Cyprus (2013). He has an extensive knowledge in various programming languages including web, mobile and image analysis applications. Before becoming a proud member of Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute he cooperated with small companies, developing softwares according to their needs. His thesis was based in image analysis and specifically in the investigation of new methods to solve the problem of Clustering of Greek handwritten word images for many writers, which is still to date an unsolved problem. In his free time he enjoys reading books, journals and articles related to his area so as to always stay informed.
- Thesis: Word Spotting and Clustering of Greek Handwritten word images. Surpervisor: Kavallieratou Ergina
- Measur.me Application (Languages: Matlab)
- Accounting software for GTH Electrical & Electronics Ltd (Languages: Java, MySql)
- Mobile android game application (Language: Androids for mobile)
- Content Based Image Retrieval System (Languages: Matlab)
- Demo version of MPEG with encoding and decoding functionalities (Languages: OpenCV)
- De-Greeklish software using Data Mining and Weka API (Languages: Java)
- Generator of random and strong passwords (Languages: Java)
- Game Memory (Languages: Java)
- Chat program with voice and video using SIP protocol (Languages: Java)
- Software Development: C/C++, Java, Visual Basic, Pascal
- Mobile Applications Development: Jquery Mobile, Android SDK
- Database Design & Development: MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MS Access
- Graphics & Image Analysis: Matlab, OpenCV, OpenGL