Pathways to indefinite lifespans
One-day symposium and get-together of minds to discuss ways leading to the abolition of ageing.
Participation is free.
The symposium will be organized in one of the hotels on the sea shore, close to the Larnaca international airport. Cyprus at that time of year is an ideal destination with much to see and do. Larnaca (old time Citium) is a sea-side cosmopolitan town, birthplace of Stoicism which forms the intellectual and philosophical basis of modern longevity sciences. Please note that places are limited, in order to enable constructive discussion between attendees.
Purpose of this symposium
The meeting is suitable for pioneers and innovators in the fields of complexity science, evolution, intelligence, cybernetics, medicine and biology, and artificial intelligence.
We use a trans-disciplinary approach with our concepts and methods, in order to pursue novel, daring and scientifically rigorous avenues of thinking. The aim is to devise hypotheses, theories and practical methods that address the problem of involuntary death due to ageing.
Subjects for discussion include
- Transposons, epigenetics and DNA
- Cell immortalisation
- Informational entropy reversal
- The evolution of complex systems as a movement against the pull of entropy
- Topological phase transitions with relevance to large scale shifts in human evolution
- Hormesis and environmental enrichment, biological amplification
- Social interactions, Ethics and Communications
- Constructing societies which can support indefinite lifespans
- Synergistic approaches between evolution, brain, technology and society
- Synthetic biology (human and social focus)
- Pressure to reengineer the concepts what does it mean to be “alive” or “human” in the computational era in a hyper-connected world
- The right to digital euthanasia
- Regenerative medicine, engineering organs, repairs from the "inside"
- Mind transfer, digital AI agents, cybernetic approaches
09:30 Welcome – Introduction Marios Kyriazis, Yannis Laouris
09:35 Theories of Ageing Catherine Demoliou, Professor of Biochemistry, Life and Health Sciences, School of Sciences and Engineering, University of Nicosia
09:55 Non-Programmed vs. Programmed Paradigm of Aging Giacinto Libertini. Italian Society for Evolutionary Biology
10:15 Μany Pathways to Immortality Yiannis Laouris, Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute
10:40 Chelation vs Hormesis Eleonora Luka, Anti-ageing researcher, Switzerland
11:00 Recent progress in developing regenerative medicine for aging, and implications for the future of biogerontology. Aubrey D.N.J. de Grey, Ph.D. Chief Science Officer, SENS Research Foundation
11:20 Transposable elements in indefinite lifespans. Andreas Apostolides. ELPIs Foundation for Indefinite Lifespans.
12:00 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 The historical development of life-extension research. Ilia Stambler. Department of Science, Technology and Society, Bar Ilan University. Israel
13:45 Bioinformatics, systems biology and aging: navigating the new oceans of data to discover the Fountain of Youth. Joao Pedro de Magalhaes. Integrative Genomics of Ageing Group, Institute of Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool, UK.
14:10 Collective consequences of a very long life. The right to life extension considered a human right. Didier Coeurnelle. Co-president of Healthy Life Extension Society, France
14:30 Longevity and healthy lifespan – Darwinian insights into living to your genetic potential. Geoff Bond. Evolutionary Anthropologist, Paphos, Cyprus
14:50 The Will to Cosmological Immortality. Clément Vidal. Global Brain Institute, Evolution, Complexity and Cognition research group. Vrije Universiteit Brussel
15:10 Reversal of informational entropy and the acquisition of germ-like immortality by somatic cells. Marios Kyriazis, ELPIs Foundation for Indefinite Lifespans
We welcome innovative thinking and input from anybody who espouses out philosophy. If you want to come in the audience or as a participant to present a paper please contact:
Registrations and Contact Information
- Marios Kyriazis drmarios AT live.it
- Yiannis Laouris laouris AT cnti.org.cy
The presented papers and summary of discussion will be published in a mainstream peer-reviewed online publication.