The project method is an educational enterprise in which students solve a pratical problem over a period of several days or weeks. The projects may be suggested by the teacher, but they are planned and conducted as far as possible by the students themselves, individually or in groups. Project work focuses on applying, not imparting, specific knowledge or skills, and on improving student involvement and motivation in order to foster independet thinking, self-confidence, and social responsibility.
Project Objectives and strategy
The project method promotes a creative learning process based on specific objectives. The modern schools can not exist without using the project methods. Although the project method was originally prepared for using in the vocational schools, currently it is more often used in primary, secondary and high schools than in vocational schools and vocational training centres. The necessity of this project is justified not only by the vocational teacher's and trainer's role in the knowledge society but also as an answer to the continual evolution and occupational re-adaption. The aim of our project is to prepare VET teachers and trainers to use and apply this method in their work. The project objectives are:
- Share good practices in using the project method in VET
- Show the project method as a creative model in VET
- Prepare VET teachers and trainers to use the project method
- Disseminate the project results
The project will be composed of the following phases:
- Developing and planning of the project's action by partners.
- Preparing the project website
- Benchmarking of good practice in using the project method in VET
- Publishing the good practices in using the project method in VET on the project website
- Organizing a scientific workshop in Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Ankara to compare participants' approach with the result of the workshop.
- Elaborating the syllabus of the training course for VET teachers and trainers in using project method in EN and in partners own languages.
- Organizing the training course for VET teachers and trainers in using the project method in all partner countries.
- Preparing the project scenarios by VET teachers and trainers in ALL PARTNER countries.
- Preparing the conference for the dissemination of the use of the project method by VET teachers and trainers.
The main project results: the database of the good practices in using the project method in VET, the syllabus of the training course for VET teachers and trainers in using the project method, the database of the project scenarios.
The project and the project's results will constitute valuable resources for educational stakeholders involved in vocational education and training by dissemination done mainly through the project's website, newsletters and the conference dissemination of using the project method in VET.