Youth of the World: transformative power of Global Education is an 18-months-long Key Action 2 project supported by Erasmus+ of the European Commission.
YoW is a project focused on creating inclusive youth led training for non formal education specifically for youth workers and secondly those involved in education of young prople with the ultimate objective of generating social inclusion and the promotion of a multicultural society promoting high-quality youth work. In this way, it will also be possible for youth workers to develop useful professional skills in the relevant sectors and boost the quality of their work. YoW intends to enhance the skills and performance of Youth workers and educators in general, through the promotion of innovative integrated approaches, such as inclusion, diversity, equality, and non-discrimination in youth activities. Particularly, Youth of the World fosters the development of social, civic, intercultural competences, media literacy and critical thinking, but also combating discrimination, segregation, racism, bullying and violence.
Future Worlds Center's Role
FWC's People Involved
FWC coordinator of the proejct is Dora Heracleous FWC intern Eliza Danenfelde Kirpe has been involved in development of project's activities, including the development of the toolkit and monitoring and evaluation process of the project. She also participated in the YOW Staff Training in Sofia, Bulgaria. At the moment she is coordinating the participants of the Cypriot team and is facilitating the implementation of activities for the YOW Blended Mobility Previously also Irena Kyprianidou took part in the development of the toolkit, participated in the partners meetings and YOW Staff Training in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Activities and Events
5 Multiplier events taking place in Italy, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Ireland, Portugal to promote the Tools kit, build contact seminar for future projects, promote the website of the project.
4 workshops were held during International meetings on Global Education and open to local stakeholders
- YOW Staff Training in Sofia, Bulgaria
- YOW Blended mobility of young people for 24 young people and 6 youth workers with a final activity of 7 days in Florence, italy during the Global Education Week in November 2018.
- A Final multiplier event of 1 day will take place in Greece to promote the Tools kit, promote the website of the Youth of the World seminar for future projects and presents the results of the project.
Products and Publications created by YOW
- Tools Kit with partner's countries most relevant experiences (good/bad practices) in the creation of Global Education Programme for youth sector. A Tools Kit for youth workers, NGO, Associations, local entities, schools, informal group of young people etc. on how to use Global Education methodology in their daily activities. It will be realized in a digital format and it's the main permanently available information source for all partners, participants and target groups involved in the project.
- YOW Tutorials
Min 5 Tutorials on how to create GE activities programme for youth sector with tools and techniques that educators, schools or informal groups of young people can reuse. Tutorials will be realized during the training session.
- Multilingual project webportal that also works as network platform for the Youth of the World Community to put in connection projects and experiences in the field of GE especially in youth sector. The website is the entry point of the project. Developed with open source technologies, it works as the first contact of the user with the project where important documentation and information about the project can be found.
- Facebook Page of the project which will be linked to the project website. Available below.
- YOW Newsletters
4 newsletters in English to ensure Europe-wide dissemination of the project. Designed by the coordination of the dissemination Module by consultation with the partners, the newsletter will have a minimum of 4 pages A4, published and disseminated on the project website.