Andreas Christodoulou is a Mass Communications expert who served for many years as the Head of the Audio Visual Section of the Ministry of Interior. He is a member of the Advisory Board for Cyberethics of the awareness node Cyberethics as well as Member of the N.E.T.S. Board of Trustees.
Andreas is an experienced journalist and PR practitioner with lobbying activity on political and media issues in Washington DC and Brussels. A media expert specializing in European media policies including audiovisual policies,media freedom and media pluralism policy, broadcasting policy, digital agenda issues, media literacy, protection of minors in the digital environment, safer internet for minors, promotion of European works, the MEDIA Programme, cultural cinema, Eurimages,digitization of audiovisual productions etc. He promotes Cyprus as a film location destination and he participates in several European Union and Council of Europe media committees dealing with media matters such as:
- Audiovisual Working Party of the Council of the European Union
- Contact Committee for the Audiovisual Media Services Directive, Council of Europe
- Steering Committee for the Media and Information Services
- Committee for the Transfrontier Television Convention
- Executive Council of the European Audiovisual Observatory
- Council of Europe intergovernmental agreement for the promotion of European cinema - Eurimages etc.
Finally, Andreas has sensitivities and expertise in political, social, environmental and climate issues, including climate change impact on spatial organization.