Global Citizens’ Academy/GCA
|Global Citizens' Academy|
Relation to Future Worlds Center
Partners with Future Worlds Center in projects Six Steps to Global Citizenship (GlobaLab 2) and Global Education Goes Local (GEGL).
Global Citizens‘ Academy (GCA) was opened in 2014 with the aim to promote key values of active global citizenship and welfare among young people in Lithuania and abroad. It is a non-governmental organisation which contributes to making a difference in the global society by meeting the following objectives:
- development of national, civic and cultural identities;
- promoting respect for human dignity;
- support to building capacities of young people in order to become active and responsible global citizens;
- stimulating democratic dialogue among different actors in the society;
- building capacity of civil society organisations.
GCA was opened to provide:
- non-formal education, awareness raising and campaigning activities for young people,
- training and capacity building for youth workers, youth leaders and educators,
- advocacy actions towards creating a just and sustainable world.
GCA is also active at international arena by providing training and exchange opportunities for young people, youth leaders and youth workers, as well as taking part in long-term initiatives.
Today Global Citizens‘ Academy is known as one of the ambassadors of global education in Lithuania. It actively works towards promoting the concept of global education in school, non-formal education and youth work environment all over the country.
Global Citizens' Academy Non-governmental organisation Registration No.: 303300867 Address: Šušvės g. 15a, 46377 Kaunas, Lithuania Phone: (370-616) 15 104