Idea Prism represents a major leap forward in the effort to scale up Structured Democratic Dialogues.
Its launching signals a revolution in meaningful communication between people. It is the first fully functional system that makes the science of complex systems, the Science of Dialogic Design, and Third-Phase Science accessible. Idea Prism renders people from all walks of life into systems thinkers and system change makers.
Introduces the context in which IdeaPrism is being invented and explains the mathematics and the philosophy behind the scaling up challenge. The overarching goal is to engage thousands of individuals in authentic structured dialogues using their collective intelligence. The aim is to develop a process by which we can harness the collective wisdom of the masses to reach the most wise and not the most popular outcomes.
What does IdeaPrism do?
Idea Prism equips any user with the ability to launch an asynchronous virtual Structured Democratic Dialogue and to harness the collective intelligence and collective wisdom of groups. All that is need is to give a dialogue a name, enter a smart Triggering Question to stimulate the discussion, and invite others to participate. Members of one's dialogue may contribute ideas in the form of single-sentence statements, and subsequently add one or two paragraphs as clarification. They can also shoot short videos clips right from their mobile device and upload a lively clarification to the cloud for others to consider. The App allows participants to ask questions, request further clarifications, choose ideas according to perceived importance, impact, desirability, feasibility etc.The Facilitator(s) can ask them to cluster their ideas into groups according to common features. This can be done in small groups or during a synchronous session. Furthermore, IdeaPrism applies Interpretative Structural Modeling to support participants to compare their ideas according to the influence they exert on each other and thus collectively construct Influence Maps. This phase can only be conducted in a synchronous mode. Future versions will be using our patent-pending Parallel Interpretative Structural Modeling Algorithms, to allow individual maps of ideas to be overlaid mathematically thus harnessing collective wisdom of larger numbers of individuals participating in the same dialogue, reducing significantly the time required for synchronous sessions.
The current App version allows users to:
- Start a Dialogue by giving it a name, setting up the Triggering Question and inviting Participants
- Contribute one idea at a time as 1) a single Statement, (2) A few paragraph long Clarification and (3) a 1-2 min video clip Clarification
- View all ideas on the issue at hand, ask questions, engage in discussions, export, email, print and/or share them in multiple environments
- Vote ideas according to perceived importance, impact, desirability, feasibility, probability of happening without intervention etc.
- Export data so that the Clustering and the Mapping phases can be done with other tools such as Cogniscope 3 or Concertina.