Procedure: Organization of an event
From Future Worlds Center Wiki
The organization of any event should comply with the Organization of an event policy.
Distribution of Roles and Responsibilities
- The organizers must assign the role of the Event Organizer to a distinct person soon enough before the event.
- They should also assign the role of the assistant, supporter or replacement to at least another person.
Capitalizing on the event using PR, Media and cross-selling principles
- You must try to capitalize on the event and to promote other projects/people within Future Worlds Center.
- Arrange for a public person to put the event under her auspices and/or address the opening.
- Announce the event on the respective project website at least 1 month before.
- Announce the event on the FWC Blog at least 2 weeks to 1 month before.
- Announce the event through Future Worlds lists at least 2 weeks before.
- Announce the event on Facebook.
- Announce the event to the wider public through Press release (via fax/email to media/journalists at least 1 month before.
- Send Email-Facebook reminder 3-5 days before event.
Arranging the program
- Define your participants and make sure you invite them all (email not enough!).
- Prepare and print the program in high quality with all logos and credits in place.
- Prepare materials of your project and of the organization to give with program.
- Visit and prepare the rooms.
- Prepare name tags.
- Arrange your coffee-breaks and other meals carefully making the best and cheapest selections.
- Have small symbolic gifts to give to your invited guests.
- Have a small ceremony where invited guests and/or others will be acknowledged or honored with an award.
Post event evaluation
- Arrange for an Event Evaluation meeting the latest 2 weeks after the event.
- Fill in the post-event evaluation form.
- Prepare an Event Evaluation report in which weaknesses and explain the reasons as well as suggestions for improvements have been documented.
Post event promotion and documentation
- Publish a press release in the FWC Blog, the project website, using mailing lists and in the country's media.
- Prepare an event report.
- Write an article about the event inside FWC-pedia.