Procedure: Payments to third parties
Before making any payment to a third party, please read the relevant Payments to third parties policy.
When making payments to third parties please follow the following guidelines:
- Pay the exact amount that appears on the invoice; avoid making payments towards a total;
- Never use pencil to write on invoices;
- Stamp (Expense Stamp) on the invoice the name of the project to be charged to and all other relevant information;
- Place the Invoice in the relevant Unit's Incoming Box in the Financial Officer's office.
When the Financial Officer executes the payment, the following tasks shall be done:
- Fill-in the cheque for payment with all details necessary;
- Write on the invoice the cheque number;
- Make a photocopy, placing the cheque on top of the invoice and staple this copy behind the original invoice.
- Cheques must be picked-up from the Financial Officer's office with a receipt signature.