SDDP Reinventing Democracy - Actions (American Initiative)
This paper reports the results of the second of a series of workshops organized by Future Worlds Center under the auspices of UNDEF. The dialogue was implemented in the context of the Reinventing Democracy in the Digital Era (UNDEF) project. The purpose of this project was to bring together young people from all aroud the world in an attempt to take apart and reconstruct the concept of democracy. The workshop was organized using the structured dialogic design process (SDDP) approach within the context of a rich web-based communication environment. This Co-Laboratoty was organized using the Structured Democratic Dialogue Process (SDDP) approach within the context of a rich web-based communication environment. It is organized by American Initiative.
The Triggering Question (TQ) was
"What concrete action, project or product would you propose to solve a particular shortcoming of current systems of governance?"
In response to the TQ, the 15 participants came up with 71 Actions, which were categorized in 8 clusters. Following the voting process, 26 ideas received one or more votes and were structured to create the influence MAP shown below.
According to the participants of this workshop, appear to be the most influential were:
- Action Plan 22,Initiate models of discussion of the law and the media existing in different levels and years of education (Iniciar modelos de discusion de proyectos de ley, mediaticos, actuales en los distintos niveles y años educativos).
- Action Plan 15,Develop an exchange platform with services offered to save the world (Desarrollar una plataforma de intercambio donde se ofrescan servicios para salvar al mundo).
- Action Plan 52: To work together with social organizations (Trabajar en conjunto con organizaciones sociales).
- Action plan 78: Create a citizen dialogue for solving problems. (Crear un dialogo ciudadano para la solucion de problemas).
- Action plan 45: Create a project to promote citizen participation through alternative mechanisms (Crear un proyecto para fomentar la participacion ciudadana a traves de mecanimos alternativos).
- Action plan 33: Application of a participatory budget at the neighborhood level (Aplicacion de un presupuesto participativo a nivel barrio).
|Agustina Gricolo ||Argentina|
|Ana Figueroa ||Argentina|
|Carolina Beron ||Argentina|
|Emil Rodriguez ||Argentina|
|Francisco Villatore ||Costa Rica / San Salvador|
|Gustavo Ortiz ||Costa Rica|
|Jairo Iván Matus Contrera ||Nicaragua|
|Lina María_Jaramillo_Rojas ||Colombia|
|Marcos David Dominguez ||Argentina|
|Maria Angela Regis ||Argentina|
|Mariana Rojas ||Colombia|
|Mariano Schmidt ||Argentina|
|Nicolas Jares ||Argentina|
|Nicolas Muñoz Arango ||Colombia|
|Rodrigo Ivan Avalos ||Argentina|