Salesian Missionary and Voluntary Service
|Salesian Missionary and Voluntary Service|
|Type||non-governmental, non-political, non-profit association|
Relation to Future Worlds Center
Partners with Future Worlds Center in MediaMDGs and Youth Ambassadors for Millennium Development Goals
Salesian Missionary and Voluntary Service, is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit association.
Their mission is: Organising and offering help to the poorest, in particular children and young people from the poorest countries in the world.
- educating children and young people and shaping active social attitudes;
- disseminating the idea of volunteering work and human values, particularly solidarity and tolerance;
- creating favourable conditions for young people taking up social and public activities;
- helping the needy through mission centres in Africa, South America and Eastern Europe;
- realisation of pedagogical, educational, medical and administrative projects by means of volunteering work;
- construction of necessary infrastructure, in particular medical and educational.
- organising educational and cultural events and conferences;
- organising exhibitions and other forms of activity in development education;
- conducting public money collections for humanitarian purposes;
- issuing magazines and newsletters;
- sending volunteers for mission work (ca. 130 persons till 2006);
- organising and maintenance of oratories (meeting places) and youth centres;
- adoption at a distance programme (Love Adoption).
- Cooperating countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Ethiopia, Zambia, Ukraine, Russia, Lithuania, Peru, Brazil