From Future Worlds Center WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Administrators are individuals who hold or have held the role of Office or Organization Administrator, either as full-time, or part-time or as volunteers. This role is key to the smooth operation of the organization. One or more people may have this role either full-time or part-time. The related tasks are described below grouped in different categories:
- Ensure the smooth running of daily operations;
- Attend meetings, take minutes and notes;
- Filing documents, organizing and keeping an updated filing system;
- Devise and maintain office systems;
- Book and organize facilities for conferences, activities and meetings;
- Ensure that all offices and all common spaces are in order and as they are supposed to be;
- Ensure that furniture, chairs, equipment and framed images on the walls remain in place as they have been originally placed;
- Organize and store paperwork, documents and computer based information;
- Order and maintain kitchen, cleaning and bathroom/toilet materials
- Handling incoming calls, taking and distributing messages;
- Sort and distribute incoming post, organize and send outgoing post;
- Keep the organizational calendar up to date;
- Liaison with all units and external contacts.
Monitoring all websites
This task will require DAILY ATTENTION for about 10-20 min to check that all websites are online and working properly. Any problem identified must be reported to CEO immediately.
- Follow, ensure, and communicate organizational policies, procedures and office rules to all associates;
- Training and briefing new associates;
- Assist associates with grant applications;
- Coordinate with the Financial Controller in the organizations daily expenditures and budgets, as well as the acquisition of third party services
- Order and maintain stationary and equipment supplies.
The following people have served this role: