From Future Worlds Center WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Mrs. Constantina Christou was an integral part of the the Future Worlds Center's Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture from May, 2009 through June, 2010. As psychologist and psychotherapist, Mrs. Christou's main duties involved the provision of psychotherapeutic services to refugees, asylum seekers and their families. Mrs. Christou was charged with:
- Completing psychological assessments of beneficiaries;
- Recording psychological history of beneficiaries;
- Assesing the psychological consequences for victims of torture and trafficking;
- Providing counseling and support to victims and their families;
- Communicating and cooperating with competent authorities;
- Assisting beneficiaries to integrate with local society;
- Raising awareness of victims of torture, trafficking, and related issues;
- Participating and assisting in events, meeting and projects related to the Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture and the Humanitarian Affairs Unit;
- Participating in weekly Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture staff meetings;
- Participating in monthly organization meetings;
- Promoting the organizations mission;
- And, developing project proposals.
Additionally, she represented the Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture in conferences, seminars and the media, wrote and prepared press releases, assisted in the search for funding, preparation of project proposals, and organization of fundraising and training events.
During her time with the Future Worlds Center she was involved in the following projects:
- Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture funded by the United Nations Voluntary Funds for Victims of Torture.
- Unit for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture funded by the European Refugee Fund and Cyprus Government.