Relation to Future Worlds Center
|Federação Nacional de Cooperativas de Solidariedade Social-National Federation of Social Solidarity Cooperatives|
|Legal status||established in 1985|
FENACERCI is a non-profit organization established in 1985. FENACERCI is a body comprised of cooperatives for people with intellectual disabilities. Its mission is to defend the interests and rights of these people and their families through the strengthening of its associate members. Its main objectives are:
- To promote the recognition of people with intellectual disabilities rights, to defend their interests and those of their families.
- To ensure that services offered to people with intellectual disabilities are appropriate, with high quality, and treat people with dignity.
- To cooperate and engage in dialogue with other institutions in order to ensure that political and legal reforms are implemented and appropriate financial support is in place so that conditions of social integration can be improved.
- To inform and raise awareness among the general public, through the media, to bring about a change in attitudes that will allow a better integration of people with intellectual disabilities.
Internal Affairs Office
The role of the Internal Affairs Office is to enhance relations between associate members, as well as between the associates and FENACERCI as a whole. Also aims to meet associates’ expectations and most pressing needs.The role of the Internal Affairs Office is to enhance relations between associate members, as well as between the associates and FENACERCI as a whole. Also aims to meet associates’ expectations and most pressing needs.
External Affairs Office
The External Affairs Office is responsible for ensuring effective communication with European and International Institutions. Indeed, Fenacerci firmly believe that the integration of citizens with disabilities has much to gain from the coordination and exchange of experiences at international level, as well as from participation in international seminars and projects.
The Resource Center's mission is to facilitate FENACERCI bibliographical resources, promote, manage and organize training sessions for professionals and people with intellectual disabilities in order to assist a fine work development in different areas of intervention.
The FENACERCI Resource Center includes:
- Library - Area of conventional reading, with Bibliography on various topics in the rehabilitation scope.
- Video Library - video documentary archive consultation.
- Psychological Evaluation Tests Library - for psychological evaluation material reading/ .
- Center of Assistive Technology - Assistive Technology information, advice and testing.