Procedure: Organization of an event
From Future Worlds Center WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The organization of any event should comply with the Organization of an event policy.
Distribution of Roles and Responsibilities
- The organizers must assign the role of the Event Organizer to a distinct person soon enough before the event.
- They should also assign the role of the assistant, supporter or replacement to at least another person.
Capitalizing on the event using PR, Media and cross-selling principles
- You must try to capitalize on the event and to promote other projects/people within Future Worlds Center.
- Arrange for a public person to put the event under her auspices and/or address the opening.
- Announce the event on the respective project website at least 1 month before.
- Announce the event on the FWC Blog at least 2 weeks to 1 month before.
- Announce the event through Future Worlds lists at least 2 weeks before.
- Announce the event on Facebook.
- Announce the event to the wider public through Press release (via fax/email to media/journalists at least 1 month before.
- Send Email-Facebook reminder 3-5 days before event.
Arranging the program
- Define your participants and make sure you invite them all (email not enough!).
- Prepare and print the program in high quality with all logos and credits in place.
- Prepare materials of your project and of the organization to give with program.
- Visit and prepare the rooms.
- Prepare name tags.
- Arrange your coffee-breaks and other meals carefully making the best and cheapest selections.
- Have small symbolic gifts to give to your invited guests.
- Have a small ceremony where invited guests and/or others will be acknowledged or honored with an award.
Post event evaluation
- Arrange for an Event Evaluation meeting the latest 2 weeks after the event.
- Fill in the post-event evaluation form.
- Prepare an Event Evaluation report in which weaknesses and explain the reasons as well as suggestions for improvements have been documented.
Post event promotion and documentation
- Publish a press release in the FWC Blog, the project website, using mailing lists and in the country's media.
- Prepare an event report.
- Write an article about the event inside FWC-pedia.