Marios Michaelides has more than 20 years of experience in applying SDDP in diverse groups of people. Marios was member of the Cyprus Conflict Resolution Trainers Group and founding member of Cyprus Intercultural Training Initiative. Since then, he served as advisor in many boards for Future Worlds Center projects, such as, Civil Society Dialogue, Act Beyond Borders, CARDIAC, New Media Landscape Now!, etc.
Marios is currently Senior Training Officer at Cyprus Academy of Public Administration. Marios studied in the US and worked for two years NYC Department of Sanitation.
During the last 10 years, from his post in the Government’s Academy, he has been applying SDDP with key members of the public system. He is a senior SDDP Facilitator with extensive experience in the application for resolving inter-communal conflicts. He is the Acting Head of Cyprus Intercultural Training Initiative. Marios has been actively involved in bi-communal dialogue groups in Cyprus for the last 15 years. He worked with Fulbright Scholar Prof. Benjamin Broome as at the Cyprus structured dialogue training in 1994. He was also trained by Aleco Christakis in the application of the Structured Design Dialogue Process (SDDP).
Marios is member of the N.E.T.S. Board of Trustees.
Publications with Future Worlds Center
- Laouris, Y., Michaelides, M. Damdelen, M., Laouri, R., Beyatli, D., and Christakis, A. (2009). A systemic evaluation of the state of affairs following the negative outcome of the referendum in Cyprus using a structured design process. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 22, 45-75.
- Laouris, Y., Erel, A., Michaelides, M,. Damdelen, M., Taraszow, T., Dagli, I., Laouri, R. and Christakis, A. (2009). Exploring options for enhancement of social dialogue between the Turkish and Greek communities in Cyprus using the Structured Dialogic Design Process. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 22, 361–381.
- Laouris, Y., Michaelides, M. and Sapio, B. (2008). A Systemic Evaluation of Obstacles Preventing the Wider Public Benefiting from and Participating in the Broadband Society. Observatorio Journal, 5, 21-31.
- Laouris, Y., Michaelides, M. and Sapio, M. (2008). A systemic evaluation of obstacles preventing the wider public benefiting from and participating in the broadband society. In Pierson, j., Mante-Meijer, E., Loos, E. and Sapio B. Innovating for and by users, Brussels: COST Action 298. Chapter 14: 171-180.
- Laouris, Y. and Michaelides, M. (2007). What obstacles prevent practical broad-band applications from being produced and exploited? In: Towards an inclusive future Impact and wider potential of information and communication technologies, Roe Patrick (Ed), Chapter 7: 281-299. Available on-line: http://www.tiresias.org/cost219ter/inclusive_future/inclusive_future_ch7.htm
- Laouris, Y. & Michaelides, M. (2005). IM Workshop: Obstacles that prevent us from producing practical access-for-all applications. Proceedings Cost219ter Workshop Accessibility for all. Ayia Napa Cyprus, Oct 7.
- Laouris, Y., Michaelides, M. Patrick R. (2007). Experts of two Cost Actions evaluate obstacles that prevent disability communities and the wider public from exploiting broadband technologies: A comparative study. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UNEXPECTED: The user and the future of information and communication technologies. A trans-disciplinary conference organised by COST Action 298, Moscow, Russian Federation 23rd-25th May 2007