Senior Software Engineer and Project Manager
From Future Worlds Center WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The title Senior Software Engineer and Project Manager is reserved for persons working in one of the companies associated with the organization and/or in Ekkotek Ltd., which serves as the Technology Transfer Office for both the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute and N.E.T.S. Mediterranean Graduate School of Applied Social Cognition.
People with this title
The key responsibilities are:
- Work closely with upper management to ensure prioritization of work according to Board priorities.
- Responsible for planning, processing, performing and supervising all jobs and tasks in an efficient manner with no need for assistance from a supervisor.
- Efficient and explicit prioritization of tasks and supervision and support of Software and Systems Developers to ensure their timely implementation and completion.
What the Board expects
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess, and send out to others, a positive attitude, as well as ensure pleasant working conditions for all.
- Analyze, design, coordinate and supervise the development of software systems.
- Work closely with Software and Systems Developers to design and develop programming systems.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for Software and Systems Developers.
- Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate.
- Assist Software and Systems Developers with programming assignments.
- Ensure that code documentation is happening consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Ensure that code is always structured and any other programmer can continue coding without need for consultation and new learning.
- Consult with, and advice the Lead Software Design Engineer and the Senior IT Manager regarding professional software for sharing and maintaining code, bug and version control.
- Search, summarize and keep the team abreast of strategic information from all sources.
- Capable of writing proposals or papers.
- Making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
- Maintain positive client interactions.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- Consult with the Lead Software Design Engineer and the Management regarding professional skill development.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.