Computers and Dyslexia 2002 Conference
The 2002 Conference on Computers and Dyslexia, also the 5th, was organized by the Dyslexia Group of the Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute with co-organizers the Cyprus Dyslexia Association, the Department of English Studies of the University of Cyprus (Andreas Papapavlou, and CYBER KIDS. The Coordinator for the organization was Stella Ioannides. Opening and talks by:
- Andreas Aloneftis, ex- Minister
- Takis Hadjigeorgiou, Chair of Education Committee of the Cyprus Parliament
- Andreas Demetriou, Vice Dean of the University of Cyprus
Speakers included Dr. Rod Nicolson from the University of Sheffield (UK), who offered an overview of latest delevlopments in the field, Dr. Timotheos Papadopoulos from the University of Cyprus who presentd his team's new program on intervention, and Dr. Maria Zafrana, from Aristoteleion University in Athens, who talked about the need for a complete re-design of education. Mrs. Aleca Palekythritou, Secretary of Cyprus Dyslexia Association informed about the association's pioneering initiatives especially in the area of legal aspects.
- Dr. Yiannis Laouris and Pantelis Makris organized a special workshop to train special educators and psychologists in the application of the Mental Attributes Profiling System instrument.
- Dr. Maria Zafran organized a workshop to share Mantesorry materials for promoting child development.