For a detailed curriculum vitae of Mr. Soteris click: Full CV.
Soteris Demetriou was born in Nicosia Cyprus , in 1985. He is a registered member of Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber (ETEK). The Chamber of CSTC(ETEK) decided to include this person in the Register of Members of the following fields of the science of engineering:
|-Electronic Engineering including Information Technology engineering|
Soteris has joined the efforts of Future Worlds Center and Ekkotek after the consummation of his studies at The University of Patras, Greece from where he attained his Diploma, a 5-year (10-semester) degree equivalent to master's degrees (MEng). The talented novice is entitled by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Patras University as an Electrical and Computer Engineer, a title that enables him to use his skills and knowledge in a variety of fields. However his specialization in Electronics and Computers in parallel with his diploma thesis titled Development and Evaluation of Collaborative Applications for mobile devices, which was conducted under the auspices of the Human - Computer Interaction Group of UPatras, evinces his main focus on Human-Machine interaction, Software development, design and evaluation, Game Development and Educational Technology among others. His thesis led to a paper he co-authored titled "Content creation by end users for location-sensitive mobile educational games"  presented during the IS-EUD 2011 Workshop Involving End Users and Domain Experts in Design of Educational Games, 2011, Torre Canne, Italy  and to a presentation with title "Invisible cities: urban games mediated by mobile technologies" which was presented during the "The Hybrid City Events", Athens 2011 .
While now an enthusiastic young engineer, Soteris has also completed a 25 month military compulsory service as a Reserves' Officer (INF), a stint during which he was training and managing people, while he was also responsible for ammunition and other military equipment . The experience and abilities acquired during this process, have equipped Soteris with the leadership skills needed in taking initiatives and managing people and critical situations.
At present, taking advantage of the diverse and inspiring environment of Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute, Soteris's primary aim is to offer and expand his knowledge in technology-based areas and benefit from the dynamic milieu of the Organization.
Soteris in CNTI
Soteris has a deep interest in innovative interactive applications that integrate technology in education and learning and he is concerned with Internet Security and Safety. He is working with Yiannis Laouris and Elena Aristodemou on Simsafety –Flight simulator for Internet safety; He is also working with Yiannis Laouris, Tatjana Taraszow and Melis Eroglu on MobLang; Soteris also collaborates with Yiannis Laouris, Georgina Siitta Achilleos and Iliada Spyrou on Identifeye and Cyberethics among other projects. Moreover, Soteris helps the team with the design and application of future projects.
Social impact and work plays a huge role in our organization's efforts. Soteris shares that interest and he is inextricably linked with peace building and media development goals. He works with Kerstin Wittig, Nicolina Markidou on From Local to Global and Media MDGs among other projects.
Furthermore he is engaged in web development cooperating with Andreas Drakos and software development for mobile devices. Soteris is also the administrator and senior developer of our FW-pedia while he and Andreas Drakos provide IT Support, Solutions and Consultancy to all the members of the Organization.
Soteris was also a trainer during the FW-pedia Training Event and the Internal Future Worlds Center Training. His responsibility was to familiarize our associates with the structure, the basic features and possibilities and the usage of our FW-pedia. The overall aim of his training course was to enable our colleagues to create and edit articles in our FW-pedia and thus contribute in our transparent online network.
Publications & Presentations
- 2011. "Content creation by end users for location-sensitive mobile educational games" ,
Christos Sintoris, Dimitrios Raptis, Nikoleta Yiannoutsou, Sotirios Dimitriou and Nikolaos Avouris, Proceedings, IS-EUD 2011 Workshop Involving End Users and Domain Experts in Design of Educational Games, 2011, Torre Canne, Italy 
- 2011. "Invisible cities: urban games mediated by mobile technologies", Christos Sintoris, Soterios Dimitriou, Nikoleta Yiannoutsou, Nikolaos Avouris.
Presented in the context of "The Hybrid City Events", Athens 2011 
- 2011, Fulbright Award
- 2003, Julia Constantinou-Tsolakou Award
- 2003, Award given by the Parents' Association of the Pallouriotissa Lyceum
- 2003, Award of Excellence
- Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber (abbreviation in greek:ETEK)
- BNI (Official Representation of EKKOTEK)
- ↑ ECE Statute Statute of Electrical & Computer Engineering Department of the University of Patras
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 HCI-UPatras Thesis Presentation Announcement and Photos, Development and Evaluation of Collaborative Applications on Mobile Devices
- ↑ UPatras Repository Thesis is stored in UPatra's repository
- ↑ Invisible City website The game's website
- ↑ Invisible City: Rebels vs Spies IC web citation
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 HCI-UPatras Content creation by end users for location-sensitive mobile educational games
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 DEG Papers presented during DEG, Involving End Users and Domain Experts in the Design of Educational Games
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Presentation PDF Invisible cities: urban games mediated by mobile technologies
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Symposium website The Hybrid City Events, Athens 2011
- Personal Website Soteris Demetriou.
- Page in CNTI Soteris Demetriou, CNTI.
- HCI-UPatras Thesis Presentation Announcement and Photos.