Internal FWC Training - 9 Dec 2011
Welcoming talk and clarification of the purpose of the training and the scope of the digital infrastructures that support Future Worlds Center’s operations. - Yiannis Laouris
Participants gain a better understanding of the importance of having deep knowledge and understanding of what the organization is about; its vision, mission, philosophy, policies and procedures. They will share ideas for improvements and learn how to use and promote the infrastructure to newcomers, visitors, reviewers, interns etc.
Editing Wikimedia: How to “program” the 12 mostly used structures. - Soteris Demetriou
Participants should (a) understand the concepts of articles, categories and templates. Interactive sessions where participants will be requested to program certain structures and then discuss them. Practical information on where to find relevant information. Point-by-point detailed explanation of the 12 mostly used programming structures and templates.
- Templates Tree
- Category Tree
- I want to create an account
- How to create a page
- I want to create a page for my project
- I want to upload and use a file
- I want to embed a youtube video on my page
- Extensions I can use
Inviting, hosting and managing interns - Kerstin Wittig
Interns are an important aspect of our organization. However, participants need to realize the reasons we accept them, the conditions required for accepting an intern and the process needed to plan, monitor and manage the intern.
- Policy: Joining Future Worlds Center
- Policy: Signing an Honour Declaration
- Policy: Signing a Confidentiality Agreement
- Policy: Working in multiple projects
- Policy: Official Language
- Policy: Hosting interns
- Procedure: Inviting and Hosting interns
UNHCR: Understanding the procedures - Corina Drousiotou
All members of the organization should have a clear idea of what the Humanitarian Affairs Unit and team are doing. Familiarization with procedures, priorities, networking, relations and projects.
Our Constitutional and value policies; areas and approaches of priority - Nicolina Markidou & Kerstin Wittig
What is Future Worlds Center about? What are the values and priorities? How do we decide what is of interest to the organization? Participants will be engaged in both interactive sessions and training to “internalize” the core values and priorities. The team explores and understands the values of global education and how they relate to the entire organization; The team understands the concept of Global Education and its practical implications, e.g. catering, consumables etc for office and trainings.
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus in Promoting Peace
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus on Vulnerable Groups
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus on Global Justice and Millennium Development Goals
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus in Promoting Cyprus as Peripheral Center
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus on Children
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus at the interface between human brain-modern technology-social transformation
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus on Innovation
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus on Structured Democratic Dialogue
- Constitutional and Value Policy: Special Focus on Future Orientation
Sponsoring, Promoting and Disseminating the scope of every event and activity within the organization - Anna-Maria Drousiotou
- Why do we need to look for funding and support for our activities?
- How to maximize the dissemination and promotion of everything we do?
Practical guidelines on how to write:
(a) Sponsorship letters
(b) Press Releases
(c) FW-pedia articles
- Policy: Organization of an event
- Policy: Media relations
- Procedure: Media management
- Procedure: Preparing public reports and deliverables
The great challenges for Project Coordinators who manage projects financially - Veronika Sudi
The successful operation of the organization relies heavily on (a) financial management (b) quality controls. Participants will be acquainted with the terms and the underlying responsibilities of Project Coordinators and Project Assistant Coordinators. Managing funders’ money is a great responsibility and challenge. Participants will be informed and trained on the relevant rules.
- Policy: Legal-financial aspects of work contracts
- Policy: Signing a Contract with Future Worlds Center
- Policy: Project Coordinator Replacement
- Policy: Laptop Security
- Policy: Associates making personal payments to third parties
- Procedure: Laptop subsidy
- Procedure: Preparing a grant application
- Procedure: Reimbursing associates who made personal payments to third_parties
- Procedure: International Travel
- Procedure: Preparing Yearly Financial Statements
Images from the event
|Presenter Name||Presentation Title||Presentation File Type||Download Link|
|Yiannis Laouris||What makes it work||Download|
|Veronika Sudi||The great challenges for Project Coordinators who manage projects financially||Download|
|Anna-Maria Drousiotou||Sponsoring, Promoting and Disseminating the scope of every event and activity within the organization||Download|